Note: This section is for new students from overseas who would like to make entry clearance to China.

Important Notice:

Visas and residence permits are important and necessary documents allowing international students to successfully and safely complete their studies. Procedures for obtaining and extending these documents can be complicated.

Therefore, please read this section carefully and direct all questions to UIC International Development Office (IDO) to ensure that you do not encounter any visa or residence problems. Email:

Apply for a new Visa

There are two types of student visas:

-      A study visa (X) issued to those who study in China for more than 6 months, which must go through residential formalities in the local Entry-Exit Administration of Public Security Bureau within 30 days of entry into China. Please see Residence Permit part bellow.

-      A visiting visa (F) for students studying in China for less than 6 months.

Required documents for student visa application:

·Current Passport with at least 12 months of validity and at least one blank visa page

·One complete and signed Visa Application Form with one passport photo

·An approved Foreign Student Visa Application Form (JW202 Form) issued by the Chinese Ministry of Education (UIC will help to prepare the JW202 Form for students)

·The admission letter from the university, both the original and one photocopy (the original will be checked and returned to the applicant).

·Medical certificate. (Please check with the local Chinese embassy if you need a medical certificate or not.)

We suggest that you contact your local Chinese Embassy or Consulate for further information.  For a list of Chinese Embassies, please click here|. (


An F visa holder will not be allowed to travel outside of China (even to travel to Hong Kong|, Macau, Taiwan) during their stay in China, because this is a single entry visa. If you will study in China for 6 months or less, and you also want to travel outside China please consider applying for a double entry visa.

For those students who hold an F visa with validity shorter than their intended period of study, the residence formalities will be handled in the light of the actual case. They should discuss this with IDO upon their arrival to the College.

Registration at the local police station

Once international students settle down in UIC, they need to be registered with the local police station. It should usually be done very soon after you arrive at the College. Please submit the original copy of your passport to IDO for police registration purpose.

Residence Permit

The holder of a study (X) visa must go through residential formalities in the local Entry-Exit Administration of Public Security Bureau within 30 days of entry into China. A fine of 500RMB per day will be applied for late lodgement of the residence permit application. IDO will organize a trip to take students to the Zhuhai Entry-Exit Administration of Public Security Bureau to apply for the Residence Permit, please make sure you prepare the relevant documents and submit them to IDO before the trip.

Required documents for Residence Permit application:

· One recently-taken 2-inch hatless full face colour photograph. (This picture is required to be taken within Zhuhai city, IDO will arrange a student helper to take you to the photo studio after you arrive.)

· The original copy of your valid passport.

· The original copy of your offer letter, the white and yellow pages of JW202 form.

· Certification for health issued by the Zhuhai Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau (only for the first year and student applicants over the age of 18 years)

Usually it takes 5 working days to get the residence permit. The residence permit fees are listed below:

·400RMB for residency of one year or less than one year

·800RMB for more than one year and up to three years (including three year)

·1000RMB for more than three years and up to five years (including five years).

The fee should be paid by the student.


The duration of your residence permit is generally the same as the duration of your studies at the College. The residence permit will not be effective beyond the expiry date of your passport.

The residence permit can also be used as a multiple-entry visa which means you can go out of China and come back without any limitation on the number of times you enter and leave China, as long as the residence permit is valid.

IDO is only responsible for advising and organizing the trip to Zhuhai Entry & Exit departments of Public Security Bureau in order to reduce students' possible difficulties and troubles. However, IDO is not responsible for the final result of the visa that will be issued. The right of the final decision of the type/duration/price of student's visa is with the Entry & Exit department of Zhuhai Public security Bureau.

* The charges above are current prices and subject to change by the Public Security Bureau

Health Certificate

The Entry-Exit Administration of Public Security Bureau requires health certificates for foreign nationals seeking residency in China. To obtain one, you need to have a complete physical examination which shows you are in good health and free of any contagious diseases (tests will include an HIV test, a chest x-ray and ECG). You can get the form of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners from your Chinese Embassy or Consulate. Take this form to the Chinese Embassy/Consulates designated hospital or medical institution to have your medical examination. The medical result should be authenticated by the Chinese Embassy or Consulate. You should bring the original manuscript of the Form and all the Tests Records/Results to China. The medical examination can also be done in China and the fee is about 390RMB.

IDO will organize group health checks for all international students during the orientation week. Students should prepare the following documents and bring with them to the designated hospital.

·3 passport photos

·390RMB cash

·Original Passport

·Passport copy

·original manuscript of the Form and all the Test Records/Results (if you did your health check in your own country)



地址:珠海市拱北桥光路133   电话:0756-8892427

Zhuhai International Travel Healthcare Center

No. 133, Qiaoguang Street, Gongbei District, Zhuhai   Phone: 0756-8892427